Employment with SERS
Thank you for your interest in employment with State Employees’ Retirement System.
To view postings available for SERS visit www.work.illinois.gov. This website will also provide information on Application Procedures, Testing Centers, Career Counseling, Class Titles, Veterans Outreach and forms necessary to apply for positions.
Interested applicants should submit a CMS100 Application to the Agency Contact listed on each posting. Please be advised that CMS100 Employment Applications dated prior to July 2019 will no longer be accepted. Do not forward applications to CMS.
If the title for which you are applying requires an Automated Exam Test, it will be stated on the job posting. For these types of postings, applicants will be required to take an Automated Exam Test at a CMS Testing Center within 5 days of the closing date listed on the posting. In order to take this Exam you will need to provide a copy of the posting, completed application and State I.D.
This information is furnished to prospective applicants to assist them in identifying positions for which they may qualify and to inform interested applicants of the required application and qualification procedures for state employment subject to the jurisdiction of the Personnel Code. This information is not intended to indicate that an opening currently exists in any of these job titles. SERS is an equal opportunity employer.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Illinois Human Rights Act, State agencies must ensure that the employment process is accessible to persons with disabilities. Specifically, these laws require that the State provide reasonable accommodations upon request by individuals participating in all steps of the employment process. This includes the State of Illinois Rutan interview process.
Below is a list of job titles utilized by SERS:
- Senior Public Service Administrator
- Public Service Administrator
- Accountant Advanced
- Administrative Assistant I and II
- Executive I and II
- Graphic Arts Designer
- Human Resources Representative
- Human Resources Specialist
- Information Systems Analyst I, II, and III
- Information Services Specialist I and II
- Internal Auditor I
- Methods & Procedures Advisor I
- Pension & Death Benefits Technician II
- Retirement System Disability Specialist
- Account Technician I and II
- Data Processing Specialist
- Data Processing Technician
- Reproduction Service Supervisor I
- Office Specialist
- Office Coordinator
- Pension & Death Benefit Technician I
- Retirement Benefits Representative
- Retirement Benefits Rrepresentative Trainee
- Administrative Support
- Office Associate
- Office Assistant
- Account Clerk
- Building & Grounds Supervisor